Regional Sales Manager, APAC
Masstech and Software Generation Limited (SGL) have merged to become Masstech Innovations, the largest provider of solutions for managing the lifecycle of dynamic media assets, with over 40 years of combined experience addressing the unique needs of broadcasters and media companies including television networks, post production facilities, news producers and sports enterprises around the globe.
As part of the merger, Masstech is looking to increase its presence in the Asia Pacific Region and is seeking a dynamic and experienced solution sales leader who wants to make a difference.
Regional Sales Manager, APAC
Masstech’s APAC region includes all Countries and Territories from India in the West, to New Zealand and Japan in the East. This role provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organizations sales and pre sales functions and will be fully accountable for the regional sales performance.
With the broad product portfolio Masstech now has, it is anticipated that business will be executed directly, through resellers, system integrators and large software partners such as Avid and Grass Valley so experience of the Media and Entertainment industry and the customer, partner and reseller landscape is key.
This role will report to the VP of WW Sales, who will set the management objectives and will include management of some direct staff (TBD) as well as the need to influence supporting functions and peers in Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Finance and Engineering.
• Build and manage a regional sales organization that aligns with corporate sales goals, including organization design, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
• Meet assigned targets for sales, margin, market share, expenses, and other key financial objectives.
• Manage opportunity pipeline, providing regular detailed forecasts and reports
• Work with marketing on lead generation and qualifying opportunities for the region
• Account manage existing customers, driving support renewals and upgrades.
• Manage regional partners and resellers
• Take a lead role in all major customer negotiations in the region
• Create a can do and accountable culture in the region
• Proven track record of having delivered to sales targets and management objectives, with proven experience of achieving sustained sales growth for a business
• Experience of an APAC sales leadership role with an empathy and understanding of the different cultures
• Highly customer focused, quality driven and able to make informed decisions that are in the best interests of clients whilst also meeting the commercial needs of the business
• Skilled, capable and effective at conducting C-level sales meetings and negotiations with customers
• Experience of controlling and managing a budget with the ability to achieve value without sacrificing quality
• Excellent people management, coaching and development skills
• Media and Entertainment industry experience of selling technology based solutions both direct, through a channel and via partners
• Proficient in sales methodologies such as Customer Centric Selling and/or Solution Selling
• Driven by performance objectives, resilient and self-motivated
• Gravitas and stature, Communicates effectively at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills – communications, relationships, conflict resolution
• High energy – inspires others and retains sense of humour in times of challenge
• Is open and fair in their dealings with people, seeks feedback and builds ideas into collaborative solutions
• Relationship oriented, both internally & externally, gains respect and trust from others
• Leader – possesses knowledge & style to inspire and to get people to follow
• Creative – finds opportunities & solutions easily
• Entrepreneurial and Visionary – able to see and contribute to the big picture
• Believes success of the team drives his/her success
• Willingness to travel extensively, with experience of travel in the region
• Competitive basic salary
• Potential Stock plan for the right candidate
• Expenses reimbursed
• Singapore preferred, or one of the other main commercial hubs in APAC
For more information, please visit: