Masstech CEO, George Kilpatrick, gives an insight into the exciting updates the latest release of Kumulate brings.
When we launched Kumulate in September 2019, even pre-Covid, the platform immediately caught the eye of an industry increasingly looking for flexible, virtually deployable workflows, and above all the ability to easily share content, while storing it as efficiently as possible.
Since then the world has changed but we’ve continued to work with our customers and industry partners, to understand how their business requirements have changed, and to help define the challenges they face in this new business environment, and beyond. Understanding these challenges is key to creating solutions that successfully address the problems facing the media and entertainment industry and wider video-focused world.
Today I am extremely pleased to announce the latest generation of Kumulate. This major release – Kumulate v2 – brings an entirely new look and feel to the platform, a host of new features, and significant enhancements to Kumulate’s existing modules, services and infrastructure.
Here are a few highlights:
- Module UIs have been completely re-designed to provide a more intuitive, user friendly experience.
- Redesigned, enhanced storage locations management module
- New dashboard modules providing improved visibility into asset and system usage
- Drag and drop Workflow Orchestrator allows you to quickly and easily build and deploy templated workflows, or to create your own
- Kumulate Gateway module – simplified content acquisition
- Kumulate Gallery module – web-based storefront to promote your content to audiences of your choice
- Enhanced hashing security for cloud transfers
- Enhanced support for Avid MediaCentral UX
- Enhanced reporting and analytics
- New database infrastructure
- New Rest API – simple integration of 3rd party services into Kumulate workflows
Perhaps the overriding requirement our customers ask for is flexibility. With that in mind Kumulate is now available with a variety of pricing options: in addition to traditional permanent licensing, users can now take advantage of subscription pricing; we’ll also shortly be offering a SaaS-based pricing alternative. Combined with the modular, containerised structure of Kumulate, this allows our users to react quickly to new business opportunities and revenue streams as they arise, adding and removing services (transcode, workflow orchestration etc) into their workflows without complicated re-negotiations.
Kumulate v2 not only looks great, but offers tremendous flexibility, the most efficient video storage management around, and the ease of content sharing that drives the new remote working environment. It’s the perfect platform for anyone who engages, entertains and inspires audiences with video.
The next-gen version of Kumulate will roll out from today, and is available to all current MassStore, Kumulate and FlashNet users.
Experience the next-generation Kumulate and book a demo
1] Movielabs: https://movielabs.com/production-technology/sdw/